Cogmind is Coming Soon to Steam Early Access
Grid Sage Games announced the upcoming arrival of their innovative sci-fi roguelike game, Cogmind, on Steam. Over four years in the making, Cogmind modernizes the classic roguelike genre without sacrificing its core qualities. While the design focuses on accessibility, in the long term players naturally discover layer upon layer of interconnected systems, creating an experience that continues to expand with time. And through an interface flexible enough to allow for either total keyboard play or even pure mouse control with a drag-and-drop interface, you play a robot building yourself from components found or salvaged from other robots. Explore a living, breathing world through turn-based tactical combat, or sneak, hack, and fly to victory.
Check out the Alpha launch trailer of Cogmind, featuring some gameplay footage:
“Despite the Early Access label, Cogmind is already a very complete experience-fully playable, balanced, and generally free of bugs. But with the main game essentially finished, there is a wide variety of optional features and content for development to begin exploring.
Thousands of players have been enjoying Cogmind since its pre-Steam alpha debut in 2015, and many have already logged hundreds of hours of play, as there’s quite a lot to explore…
- Build and modify a unique robot from parts found, or enemies defeated
- Nearly 1,000 different parts to attach, all with their own ASCII art
- Dozens of robot classes, each with unique behavior within the ecosystem
- Procedurally generated world, including dozens of map types and hundreds of embedded hand-made areas
- Hundreds of NPC encounters, thousands of lines of dialogue
- Seven different animated endings to discover
- ASCII evolved: Most advanced terminal interface ever
- Thousands of particle effects and SFX
- Fully destructible environment”
For more information on Cogmind, visit its official website.