Closed Alpha of Anthem Coming December 8th for PC
The much anticipated open world game by Electronic Arts and Bioware, Anthem, will be launching its Closed Alpha phase for PC users on December 8th, 2018. EA also revealed the recommended PC requirements of the game, so fans can prepare, if they want to try out the game early on PC.
Anthem is being powered by the Frostbite engine and according to the specs of the game, Bioware recommends that gamers must have an Intel Core i5 3570 or an AMD FX-6350 CPU.
Bioware also recommends that he PC must have 8GB of RAM, an NVIDIA GTX 970 or an AMD R9 390 8GB and at least 60GB of free hard-disk space. The game will also work only on 64-bit operating systems and the recommended operating system must be Windows 10.
Here’s the Anthem Closed Alpha recommended requirements:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB, AMD R9 390 8GB
- Hard Drive: At least 60 GB of free space
The most frequently asked questions about the Closed Alpha are:
How do I register and sign up for the Closed Alpha?
This Community Playtest is organized by the EA Community Playtesting team. Places are limited, and sign ups close end of day December 3, 2018.
Here’s how to sign up:
- Head to the EA Community Playtesting site.
- Sign in with your EA Account.
- Choose your platform, and let us know when you want to play. Once your choices are completed, click Submit.
- Signing up does not guarantee you’ll be invited to take part, it’s on a first come first served basis.
- If you’re in, you’ll see a confirmation on the Community Playtesting site and you’ll get an email from us letting you know how to download the Anthem Closed Alpha game client.
If you have any questions about how Community Playtesting works, check out the Community Playtesting FAQ.
When is it?
The Anthem Closed Alpha is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It runs from December 8-9, 2018. There are multiple sessions across the two days, you can play in one or in all of them, but you can only sign up to play on one device (PC, PlayStation 4 or Xbox One).
Can I pre-download the Closed Alpha?
Yes. If you’re registered for a Community Playtest, you’ll get an email with instructions to download the client for the Closed Alpha before it begins.
I have Origin Access, EA Access, or I pre-ordered Anthem. Can I join the Closed Alpha?
If you’d like to join the Closed Alpha, you’ll need to sign up for it – the Closed Alpha isn’t tied to pre-orders or EA Access/Origin Access membership.
If you have Origin Access (Basic or Premier), EA Access, or you pre-ordered Anthem, you’ll still get VIP access to a pre-launch demo. Find out more about the pre-launch demo here.
Anything else I need to know?
- The Closed Alpha is online only, you must have an internet connection to play.
- The Closed Alpha is only available in English.
- You must be 18 or older to take part in our Community Playtests.
- PlayStation Plus membership is required to take part on PlayStation4.
- Xbox Live Gold membership is required to take part on Xbox One.
- The build we are making available is limited and does not represent the final version of the game.
- Progress you make in the Closed Alpha does not carry forward from Community Playtest to Community Playtest, or to the game at launch.
Full press release – Source. For more gaming news, visit our website.
[…] Hudson so talk a little bit about what might actually go down. Anthem is finally about to have its closed alpha stress test on the December 8th and 9th weekends, we talk about what are our expectations are for it and what […]
[…] Anthem Closed Alpha Later This Week […]
[…] Closed Alpha of Anthem Coming December 8th for PC […]