2K Games and developer Gearbox Software have unveiled the cinematic launch trailer for the highly anticipated looter-shooter sequel, Borderlands 3. The game has received plenty of hype and anticipation over the last few years and fans of the series will finally be able to get their hands on the new FPS-RPG hybrid later in the week.
Check out the new launch trailer for the game below:
There’s also been some new details revealed about the upcoming title as well as a full overview of the latest release in the series which you can view below via 2K Games:
The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and an all-new mayhem-fueled adventure!
Blast through new worlds and enemies as one of four brand new Vault Hunters–the ultimate treasure-seeking badasses of the Borderlands, each with deep skill trees, abilities, and customization. Play solo or join with friends to take on insane enemies, collect loads of loot, and save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy.
A Mayhem-Fueled Thrill Ride: Stop the fanatical Calypso Twins from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power. Only you, a thrill-seeking Vault Hunter, have the arsenal and allies to take them down.
Your Vault Hunter, Your Playstyle: Become one of four extraordinary Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities and playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options. All Vault Hunters are capable of awesome mayhem alone, but together, they are unstoppable.
- Moze as The Gunner: When Moze needs backup, she digistructs her mech – Iron Bear – for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
- Amara as The Siren: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
- FL4K as The Beastmaster: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master’s every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
- Zane as The Operative: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.
Lock, Load, and Loot: With bazillions of guns and gadgets, every fight is an opportunity to score new gear. Firearms with self-propelling bullet shields? Check. Rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes? Obviously. Guns that grow legs and chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults? Yeah, got that too.
New Borderlands: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy. Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across wartorn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!
Quick & Seamless Co-Op Action: With a new level-sync system, the experience scales for each individual player. That means you can play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen coop, regardless of your level or mission progress. Take down enemies and challenges as a team, but reap rewards that are yours alone–no one misses out on loot.
What’s Back and Better Than Ever (Franchise Features)
- Bazillions of Guns: With multiple distinct weapons manufacturers, a revolutionary content generation system, and special legendary drops to uncover, your ever-improving arsenal comes with near-infinite possibilities.
- RPG Progression: Slay your foes, gain experience points, and build out extensive skill trees unique to each of the four Vault Hunters.
- Rich Universe: Uncover the rewarding mysteries, memorable inhabitants, and deep lore of the extensive Borderlands narrative universe.
- Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel and engage in frenetic vehicle-to-vehicle combat.
- Radical Art Style: Traditional rendering techniques combined with hand-drawn textures give Borderlands its iconic style.
Borderlands 3 is set to release on September 13, 2019 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC with a Stadia version planned in the future.