Butcher is Coming to PS4 and Xbox One
It was announced by publisher Crunching Koalas, that BUTCHER, a fast-paced 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cult classics of the genre, developed by Transhuman Design – the studio behind Soldat and King Arthur’s Gold, will be published on PS4 and Xbox One in Q2 2017. Heavily discounted pre-orders for the Special Edition Bundle have already started on the European PSN.
Check out the announcement trailer of Butcher, featuring some gameplay footage:
“As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well… annihilate anything that moves. Grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you’re feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies’ misery – hooks, lava pits, saws… no death will ever be the same.
If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
BUTCHER’s main features:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!
- Absolutely no mercy for anyone!
Launch Price: $9.99, €9.99, £7.99 (Standard version), $12.99, €12.99, £9.99 (Special Edition Bundle including the base game and soundtrack)
About Transhuman Design
Transhuman Design is an independent studio led by Michal Marcinkowski, creator of Soldat, the indie classic that dominated the 2D multiplayer world and directly inspired games like N, Showdown Effect and Take Arms. Soldat was followed by King Arthur’s Gold, a very successful (and crazy) multiplayer build’n’kill game featuring ridable sharks, shields used as parachutes and catapults employed as rapid means of transport into enemy base. The current projects range from Butcher, a blood-soaked love letter to Doom and Quake, to the atmospheric, story-driven Transmigration.”
For more information on Butcher, visit its Xbox Wire blog post.