Book of Demons Starts its Steam Early Access
Today it was announced that the action RPG, Book of Demons, releases on Steam Early Access today on PC and Xbox One. Book of Demons is a deck-building hack and slash adventure game, where it’s the player who decides the length of quests. The game is the first installment of Return 2 Games – a series of original mid-core titles, inspired by the early golden days of PC gaming.
Check out the launch trailer of Book of Demons, featuring some gameplay footage:
- “Joey Yee – GameSpot: “Nothing looks quite like this!” “There’s no doubt Thing Trunk is off to a great start.”
- Josh Vanderwall – The Escapist: “The concept behind the Return 2 Games seven-part retrological makes me want to love it even more.”
- Kyle Bradford – GameSpew: “Book of Demons creates an experience that both a casual fan and a hardcore dungeon crawling expert can enjoy. It’s definitely worth your time thanks to its respect for it, something not many games these days can attest to.”
Book of Demons main features:
- Build your own deck of skills – the game supersedes the usual aRPG statfest with a single solution, a card system.
- Select the length of each quest – adjust the size of each quest to your time, not the other way round.
- Paper-cut graphics – a dark fantasy hack and slash in the world of Paperverse.
- One-of-a-kind adventure – procedurally generated, randomly-populated dungeons.
- Relive the classic with a good laugh – retelling of a familiar story with a humorous twist of a parody.
About Return 2 Games series
Return 2 Games is a series of original mid-core titles inspired by the golden days of PC gaming. Thing Trunk’s plan is to build 7 games in total, each unique in terms of genre and theme, but all sharing the same vision – to make deeply engaging experiences accessible.
Return 2 Games draws inspiration from the early days of PC gaming when developers weren’t afraid to innovate, defined new genres and created the most memorable experiences. Return 2 Games titles are designed to deeply engage in a matter of minutes. They explore powerful universal stories – like good vs evil – that immediately seem familiar. Return 2 Games caters even to people who don’t play as much as they used to, who find casual games shallow and unengaging, and who can’t invest enough time into hardcore games to really enjoy them.
About Thing Trunk
Thing Trunk is a small game development team based in Warsaw, Poland. The core team comprises of 6 dedicated developers. The 3 founders – Filip Starzyński, Konstanty Kalicki and Maciej Biedrzycki – are casual game industry veterans who (despite a level of success) became disappointed with the miring trends in the market and scrapped their former brands (Codeminon and Twinbottles) to focus solely on the ambitious Return 2 Games idea. Since then they are trying to prove that making AAA quality content is possible in a small but experienced team with lots of passion.”
For more information on Book of Demons, visit its Steam page.