Bandai Namco’s upcoming JRPG souls-like, code Vein, recently received a demo on the PS4 and Xbox One. The trial version allows players to create their own character and experience the opening level along with seeing what the game’s first safe hub is all about.
However, the publisher recently announced that they are issuing an update for the demo which allows players to try out an additional area, as well as try out multiplayer and have the option of transferring your created character over to the full game upon launch. The announcement was made via the game’s Twitter account, although a release date for the update has yet to be revealed. And according tot he tweet, the new level added to the demo is a “deep high difficulty level” which is called ‘City Town’.
— CODE VEIN (@CODE_VEIN) September 6, 2019
There has been plenty of new updates and reveals for the upcoming game, including tons of new trailers, gameplay footage and bits of information on various aspect of the game. While we’ve also seen a couple looks at some of the deadly bosses in the game, the trial version currently allows players to take on the game’s first boss fight.
New details on one of the safe zones in Code Vein, the Spa, as well as one of the Blood Codes – Prometheus. After playing through the demo myself, I can safely say a Bandai Namco Dark Souls is as thrilling as it sounds.
There’s also a quick overview of the game to help your decision on if the game is right for you:
The world as we know it is gone. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. Those who remain fight for survival by acquiring Gifts of power in exchange for their memories, and an ever-increasing thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost; fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity who wander aimlessly in search of blood. Team up and embark on a journey to the ends of hell to unlock your past and escape your living nightmare in CODE VEIN.
- A story driven connected dungeon experience.
- Team up with a cast of AI characters, each with a unique plot and fighting style.
- Take on quests with your friends in online co-op
- Customize your character, from appearance to playstyle, to fit the way you want to play.
- Choose from dozens of unique “Gifts” that can increase your strength, weaken enemies, or cast powerful attacks.
- Become a master of combat: dodge, parry, and unleash combo attacks your foes.
- Take on challenging bosses with a myriad of combat options.
- Switch your build at any time. Choose from numerous Blood Codes and expand your techniques.
- Challenging gameplay that will test your abilities as you face hordes of the Lost.
Code Vein is set to release on September 27, 2019 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.