ARK Extinction Expansion Pack is Available Now
ARK: Survival Evolved fans will be able to experience the game in a new way, as ARK: Extinction, the third expansion pack for the dinosaur survival game, is available now on Steam. ARK: Extinction features an entirely new map that will bring the long-awaited climax to the ARK storyline. Gamers can visit the ruined world that’s rampant with Element-corrupted creatures, scour the land for Orbital Supply Drops, tame exotic creatures, and build a Mech powerful enough to defeat the colossal, tameable Titans dominating the landscape.
Check out the launch trailer of the ARK Extinction expansion pack, featuring some gameplay footage:
Haven’t yet explored the thrilling world of ARK? Jump into the adventure today during ARK’s Free Week on Steam, where the base game ARK: Survival Evolvedis available to play for free now – Sunday, Nov 11th, paired with massive discounts to own ARK and its other expansion packs, Scorched Earth and Aberration.
ARK: Extinction will be available for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One starting November 13th.
ARK: Extinction Key Features
- With new mutated creatures to tame, players will have to rely on Extinction’s latest additions and use them in battle in order to stay alive and reap the rewards.
- As a veteran survivor who has conquered all previous obstacles, the ultimate challenge awaits: take on and TAME the massive roaming Titans, dungeon dwelling bosses that are powerful enough to make even the mightiest T-Rex whimper! Gather your friends, all of your dinos, and your entire arsenal of weapons if you want to survive and complete the ARK cycle to save Earth’s future.
- Launch through the air and leap great distances with air-inhaling Gasbags, freeze your enemies into icy statues with the majestic flying Snow Owl, unleash a barrage of spiny projectiles with the Velonasaur, and discover many more fantastic new creatures among the ruins of Earth!
- Store creatures in your inventory with Cryopods, capture them into small cubes then pop them out from your inventory unexpectedly at enemies, send your items back to home base using the new aerial item balloons, cross giant chasms with the extendable Tek Bridge, along with an arsenal of all-new items and weapons to aid your survival.
- Venture into the harsh Wasteland to intercept Orbital Supply Drops, filled with gear and resources – but watch out! Element-corrupted dinosaurs will try to stop you in this team-based defense challenge.
- The all new map has a long abandoned Metropolis to explore, humanity’s last bastion, now overgrown and decayed but still under surveillance by a protective force of Scouts and Enforcers.
- Proto-ARKs, prototype areas built as early simulations of the three predominant ecosystems: the Crater Forest, the Desert and the Tundra.
- Build and pilot advanced Meks loaded with customizable weaponry to take on the toughest enemies, including the gigantic End Boss guarding the ultimate secret of the ARK!
ARK: Extinction is available today on Steam as a standalone expansion pack ($19.99) and as part of the ARK: Explorer’s Edition (Game + Season Pass), joining the desert-themed Scorched Earth and the underground, derelict biome Aberration, in continuing to unravel the mysteries in this final chapter of ARK’s story.
About Studio Wildcard
Studio Wildcard was co-founded in 2014 by industry veteran Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions that are designed for core gamers. With combined 25 years of industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Jeremy and Jesse have teamed up with other veteran developers for Seattle, WA-based and Gainesville, FL-based development studios that also include distributed team members across multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends to seek out and work with them!