Aqua Kitty UDX is Coming to Nintendo Switch on February 15th 2018
Tikipod Ltd announces their debut Nintendo Switch title! Aqua Kitty UDX is an action packed underwater kitten-defending retro arcade cute-em-up, and will be available to Pre-Order from 8th February 2018. The game will release 15th February 2018.
Check out the announcement trailer of Aqua Kitty, featuring some gameplay footage:
“THE GAME STORY
Due to a sudden mysterious shortage of milk, cats around the world are forced to seek out new sources to get their fix.
You and your team of international milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming full-fat milk.
Get ready for fast paced submarine action, defending the kittens from disruptive mechanical sea creatures.
THE MILK MUST FLOW!
‘PAW-SOME’ GAME FEATURES
Aqua Kitty is a high res 2D pixel drawn arcade shooter, created with a love of the 16-bit gaming era and late 80s video arcade games.
- CLASSIC MODE – work your way across the sea map, defending milk mining kittens from all manner of mechanical sea monsters. Beware the large enemy Bosses which guard the end of each sea area.
- ARCADE MODE – is similar to CLASSIC but adds in a Gradius-like upgrade shopping system based around collecting green gems which can be exchanged for upgrades.
- DREADNOUGHT MODE – takes you deep down into the deep Meowiana trench… there you must fly through and destroy huge multi-screen enemy craft, whilst rescuing imprisoned kittens. It plays like a fine blend of Uridium and Defender.
- 2 PLAYER LOCAL CO-OP – play solo or with a friend!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS – compare your score rankings against friends and others.
- CAT-CHIEVEMENTS – an ingame achievement system.
- DEPTH based weapon generation system, allowing you to tactically choose which powerup is spawned and where.
- ENHANCED graphical upgrades and improved gameplay balancing.
Critics loved the PS4 version; ‘JAZ RIGNALL – USGAMER.NET 4/5’ and ‘WILL FREEMAN – THE GUARDIAN 4/5’ – and this super new enhanced version for Nintendo Switch™ is even better!!!
AQUA KITTY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Dugan Jackson – Art/Design/Production.
Gabor – Code.
Electric Café – Audio.
David Hankin – Box art.
ABOUT TIKIPOD LTD
Based in London UK, Tikipod Ltd has been an independent games development company since 2009 and is run by Dugan Jackson. Previously released titles include:
- IRON CRYPTICLE – Smash TV meets Ghosts and Goblins, with a sprinkling of Bubble Bobble in this rogue-lite medieval twin stick arcade dungeon explorer (Developed by ‘Confused Pelican’).
- ROCK BOSHERS DX – a super niche title featuring young Queen Victoria adventuring on Mars. Includes optional NES and ZX Spectrum graphical modes and was also released as a physical edition via Limited Run Games.”
For more information on Aqua Kitty UDX, visit its official website.