Developer Frictional Games has announced the release of update 1.31 for Amnesia: The Bunker. The update notably adds a Very Easy difficulty setting, a toggle mode for leaning, new “Very Large” subtitle font size, improved aesthetic on photos, and more bug fixes. Amnesia: The Bunker launched on June 6 for Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. The game is “set during World War I, players take on the role of Henri Clement, a French soldier who is left behind by his battalion and finds himself trapped inside an abandoned military bunker.”
The full patch notes via Frictional Games:
Patch Log – Amnesia: The Bunker (Version 1.31)
- Added a new ‘Very Easy’ difficulty preset.
- Implemented a toggle mode for leaning.
- Increased the ‘Very Large’ subtitle font size.
- Disabled camera shake when ‘Reduced Camera Motion’ is enabled.
- Improved the aesthetics and readability of some of the photos.
- Resolved an issue where the player could get locked inside the torch state when the use item toggle mode was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the fuse interact icon would appear when aiming a fuse at certain entities in the Officer Hub.
- Sorted out an issue that made it difficult to earn the ‘Toot Sweet’ achievement when playing on 120 FPS.
The game’s details via Frictional Games:
Set during World War I, players take on the role of Henri Clement, a French soldier who is left behind by his battalion and finds himself trapped inside an abandoned military bunker. But he’s not alone. A deadly creature stalks the corridors, hunting for its next meal.
As Henri, players must navigate the dark and twisted maze of the bunker, using all their skills and resources to outsmart and outrun the beast. But the creature is not the only obstacle Henri must face. The bunker is a labyrinth of twists and turns, filled with traps and other hazards that threaten to end the soldier’s life at every turn.
Throughout the game, players will experience the intense psychological horror of Henri’s situation and will learn about the character as he faces his fears and turns them into belief and hope. The game is a story of survival and the will to live, even in the direst of circumstances.
With its nail-biting gameplay, atmospheric design, and character-driven story, Amnesia: The Bunker is a must-play for fans of horror games. Mark your calendars, and prepare to experience an enormous and unnerving journey of survival.