Abandon Ship Gets a New Gameplay Trailer
It was announced by Fireblade Software, that their upcoming PC game Abandon Ship has released a new trailer focusing on Combat Gameplay.
Check out the gameplay trailer of Abandon Ship, showcasing developer commentary about the combat system of the game:
“In the video we get a glimpse of the depth of the systems that players will be encountering in combat:
- Positioning the class-based crew to gain optimal performance. For example when the Gunner man’s weapons they reload faster.
- Ships are broken into Sections. The performance of that section is affected by its health status. Savvy players will target specific sections to fit in with their battle plans.
- Distance between ships determines:
- Visibility (which can be improved with upgrades)
- Weapon range
- What actions can be performed (like boarding or ramming)
- Fires spreading across the ship, with crew desperately trying to extinguish them before they rage out of control.
- Hull Cracks that flood the ship. If you take on too much water, you’ll sink. You can lower the water level by manning the pumps.
- Crew getting knocked overboard and diverting someone to man the winch and attempt a rescue.
- Lightning, Rain, Tidal Waves and Fog modifiers that force players to adapt their battle tactics.
- A vast array of weapons, each with a meaningful difference that plugs into your preferred strategy.
- How upgrades can complement your chosen strategy. Harpoons and Hull Spikes might suit a player that likes to fight at close range.
- Environmental modifiers like Icebergs in special Arctic maps, plus upgrades that mitigate this (in this example the Icebreaker, which deflects Icebergs without taking damage).
Players will have to consider all these factors as they make constant decisions on a moment-to-moment basis to ensure they emerge from battle victorious.
About Abandon Ship
Abandon Ship is a single-player PC game where you take command of an ‘Age of Sail’ ship and her crew, framed in an Art Style inspired by Classic Naval Oil Paintings.”
For more information on Abandon Ship, visit its official website.