2D Action-RPG CrossCode Coming to PS4 this Year
Deck 13 announced today that their upcoming 2D Action-RPG game CrossCode is coming to the Playstation 4 Entertainment System this year. CrossCode is a retro-inspired 2D Action RPG set in the distant future, combining 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story.
Check out the gameplay trailer of CrossCode, featuring some gameplay footage:
“ABOUT THE GAME
You follow a player called Lea as she logs into CrossWorlds – a fictional MMO of the distant future. Lea is not your average player though. She hast lost her memory and is (literally) mute. Now the only way to regain her memory is to play CrossWorlds, disovering all the places the game has to offer and meeting other players on the way – hoping they won’t mistake her for a bot. As Lea’s memory returns, a deep mystery surrounding CrossWorlds will be unraveled – and you may come to understand why a mute player is stuck in this game in the first place. CrossCode combines features of the Action-Adventure and RPG genre, delivering both, a great variety of puzzles and an engaging, fast-paced combat system with plenty of options for character growth.
- Feel the Retro-Hype! CrossCode delivers action oriented 16-Bit SNES feelings with a modern physics engine
- Solve epic puzzles & quests! You‘re a fan of the Zelda series? In that case you shouldn‘t miss CrossCode as its puzzles can hold up to the classics!
- Explore the Dungeons! Even in a futuristic sci-fi world dungeons belong to a RPG which wants to achieve greatness
- The Players have spoken! As of now 98% of the Early Access user reviews are positive – and there are quite a lot of them!
- Discover the CrossWorlds! Join Lea on her journey through the extremely colorful CrossWorlds rich in variety
- Multiple Modes! There‘s more than just the story to explore. Feel free to discover the world in the exploration mode or just get into the ring and give the combat mode a try”
WHAT IS THE CURRENT STATE OF THE EARLY ACCESS VERSION?
“The current version comes with most core mechanics completed and polished, including movement, physics, combat, puzzles, menu systems, NPC etc. It also features 70-80% of the planned areas and about 30-40% of the story. Quickly playing through the incomplete story will result of a playtime of around 6-10 hours. If you take your time exploring the environment, beating the dungeons not integrated into the story yet, and solving quest, you can reach a playtime of up to 40-50 hours with the current version already. Note that playing beyond the current “end of the story” will not break your save. You can still continue the story later on but you will keep your level, items and dungeon progress. The only downside of this is that your character might be overpowered so playing the story might be less challenging and enjoyable. We recommend you keep a save at the current end of the story!”