News PlayStation 2 Has Sold Over 160 Million Units Worldwide According to Jim Ryan

Elder Legend

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 18, 2024
Source - https://www.gaminginstincts.com/pla...illion-units-worldwide-according-to-jim-ryan/

In a recent episode of the official PlayStation Podcast, Sony Interactive CEO Jim Ryan revealed that the PlayStation 2 has sold over 160 million units. When asked about how the 2000s were for PlayStation consoles, Ryan said “The 2000s? That would be, I would say, 160 million, which is the number of PS2s that we sold. “A high watermark.” It’s worth noting that Jim Ryan has officially left his position as the CEO as of the end of March.
PS2 Will always be king, I do not care what anyone says. My first 2 games I've ever played on PS2 when I was 10 years old and they were Final Fantasy X and State of Emergency. I'll never forget that day, it was legendary. FF X was what introduced me to the FF franchise. Man, sometimes I miss the old days, times were much simpler back then.

PS2 is an incredible machine and some of the best games of all time released on it. I wish Sony kept up with the PS2 releases on PS4 and PS5 I really enjoyed them and picked up quite a few of them like Wild Arms 3, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud etc.

Reactions: Elder Legend
PS2 is an incredible machine and some of the best games of all time released on it. I wish Sony kept up with the PS2 releases on PS4 and PS5 I really enjoyed them and picked up quite a few of them like Wild Arms 3, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud etc.
Oh god.. the name Dark Cloud hurts me. I never played the OG but I did play Dark Cloud 2 and it's one of my most favorite games. Too bad Level 5 is now making mobile trash :/

Stay up to date

Want to stay on top of the latest gaming news from your favorite source? Join our list for daily updates!

Footer Image
  • Light