Today at BlizzCon, Blizzard formally revealed World of Warcraft: Shadowlands as the next expansion coming to the widely-popular MMORPG.
The announcement of Shadowlands broke to thunderous applause from fans, following the reveal of the expansion’s cinematic trailer. The trailer answered fans questions of just what Sylvanas Windrunner is up to, but also leaves many questions—as there must always be a Lich King… but now there is none. Readers can check out the trailers for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands below, witnessing for themselves the battle between Sylvanas Windrunner and Bolvar Fordragon.
Announcement Key Points:
- The Shadowlands – an ancient, mysterious realm which predates the Titans.
- Source of the power of the Scourge, Death knights, and Val’kyrs.
- Where spirits of nature go to begin a cycle of rest and rebirth.
- New Zones – Revendreth, Ardenweald, Maldraxxus, Bastion.
- Choose a covenant – Allying with different factions to gain unique abilities and cosmetic items.
- New dungeons and raids – one known as The Tower of the Damned.
- Coming 2020, available for pre-order as of today (Nov 1, 2019).
- Expansion built around the idea of choice, agency, and expression.
- Playable demo on BlizzCon floor.
More details for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will be revealed in later panels during BlizzCon weekend, and if the trailers are anything to go by, fans are in for a treat indeed. Who knows what might come of the Banshee Queen’s actions? Sylvanas has long fought for her people, but now it seems she may wish to drag the entirety of Azeroth down into death with her.
If you’re as excited for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands as we are here at Gaming Instincts, let us know in the comments!
Gaming Instincts will be covering BlizzCon live all weekend, to bring readers all the latest updates regarding WoW, Diablo 4, and all their favorite Blizzard titles. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!