Total War: Three Kingdoms has another chapter to its epic saga coming in January with ‘Mandate of Heaven’.
The Total War: Three Kingdoms – Mandate of Heaven Chapter Pack introduces a new prequel campaign, an armada of new units, and a range of new playable factions, including the Han Empire. ‘Mandate of heaven’ focuses on the tumultuous events prior to the events in the base game, where discontent surrounds Emperor Liang, who remains embroiled in an administrative power struggle while the Yellow Turbans simultaneously threaten his dynasty.
‘Mandate of Heaven’ brings 11 playable new and existing factions, nine unique characters, and over forty units, allowing Three Kingdoms players to wage war on an unprecedented scale. A Total War first, ‘Mandate of Heaven’ features an evolving campaign, granting the ability to play through the prequel campaign directly into the base game setting. This means players may forge an empire across two momentous periods within Chinese history without stopping to smell the cherry blossoms.
According to a blog post on the official Total War site, ‘Mandate of Heaven’ is the largest and most detailed Total War: Three Kingdoms DLC to date, and includes:
- The ability to begin a campaign in 182 CE just before the Yellow Turban rebellion…
- …Then play through the conflict and deep into the Three Kingdoms period
- New characters and six new playable warlords including the Zhang brothers and Emperor Liu Hong
- Unique new campaign mechanics, events and objectives
- 40 new battlefield units and new unit abilities
- Play the origin stories of legendary characters such as Cao Cao and Liu Bei
‘Mandate of Heaven’ will launch with a host of bug fixes and tweaks for the base game, available to all players even if they do not purchase the DLC. The new chapter pack launches on Thursday, January 16 2020.
Gaming Instincts is dedicated to bringing its readers all the latest and greatest news, reviews, guides, and updates for all of their favorite titles and more. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!