≥The Steam Awards 2018: PUBG And CD Projekt Red Are The Winners
The third annual Steam Awards was live yesterday, it featured the participation of the Steam community voting for their favorite games and developers on categories from Labor of Love which is the award given to the game who released the most content even though being an old release, to the most fun with a machine category.
The game of the year award was taken by PUBG, and best developer award was taken CD Project RED.
Steam Awards 2018 Winners:
- Game of the Year – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- VR Game of the Year – The Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim VR
- Labor of Love – Grand Theft Auto 5
- Best Developer – CD Projekt RED
- Best Environment – The Witcher 3
- Better With Friends – Rainbow Six Siege
- Best Alternative History – Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Most Fun with a Machine – Rocket League
For transparency’s sake, Valve also removed themselves from the running for the Best Developer award. Valve runs Steam, and saw their nomination as a potential conflict of interest, and also wanted to use the platform to celebrate other developers.
Interestingly, many of the games that won Steam Awards weren’t released in 2018. In fact, the only winner that has a 2018 release date is Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Of course, the only games that could win awards must be available on Steam, so that eliminated many of the popular Game of the Year candidates from 2018, including Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War and Marvel’s Spider-Man.
Read the full article at Player.One
Don’t miss any of the latest news at Gaming Instincts.