The anticipated Returnal 1.3.7 patch is live now. Since its release, the game has been on the unstable side. Fortunately, this patch addresses concerns from players involving a very loud and distracting audio bug, lack of deceased scouts, and a few other minor issues.
• Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
• After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup.
• Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
• Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
• Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
• Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
• Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.
The update was made available for players yesterday. As a reminder, if players have automatic updates turned on, the game will close to begin the installation. If you are experiencing any of the above issues, the patch should solve them and smooth out gameplay.
There is one feature Returnal players have consistently asked for that did not make the cut for this patch update. The lack of options for saving the game remains a frustration for many.
When players close the game in the middle of a run the game reverts back to the starting point upon re-opening. This issue is especially troublesome because it requires players to “pause” the game by putting their consoles in rest mode, making multi-tasking difficult. Housemarque is aware of the issue but is still considering what the best approach to the situation is. It is not expected for this problem to be resolved in the near future.