PUBG Mobile has released its version 0.16.0 content update, chock full of new game modes, maps, gear, abilities, and collaboration content with Angry Birds.
This content update comes after PUBG Mobile took home several honors in the 2019 Google Play game awards, earning itself both the “Users Choice” and “Best Competitive” game titles. This marks two consecutive years in which the mobile battle royale has received a best game of the year award. To top off these accomplishments, the update also came with the reveal of a new game icon presenting the latest logo of Tencent Games, meant to represent the spirit of “Spark More.”
Some of the new features in today’s PUBG Mobile update are:
- RageGear Mode – an all new EvoGround mode in which players are divided into two factions, each assigned to be the driver or shooter of a vehicle. Vehicles are mounted with powerful weapons such as the Gatling, Shotgun, and RPG.
- RageGear TDM – Players must destroy enemy vehicles to earn points, and the first team to reach the score limit takes home the chicken dinner.
- RageGear PickUp – Players must collect a certain number of Point Crates to win, losing all accumulated Crates if their vehicle is destroyed.
- Snow Paradise – When queueing for Erangel in Classic mode, players may enter Snow Paradise, where the Spawn Island is covered in frost.
- Healing Mobility – Players can now use health kits, boost items, and adrenaline syringes while moving. Bandages are now automatically used in succession.
- Loadouts – A new loadout screen has been added to Team Death Match for players to edit and customize their starting weapons.
- Perspectives Button – While in Third-Person Perspective (TPP), players can now toggle in and out of First-Person Perspective (FPP) via a new button in Classic, Arcade, and Training Grounds modes.
- New Sliding Mechanic – Players can now choose to enable or disable character sliding in Team Death Match mode.
- Collaboration content with Angry Birds – Ten years since the birth of the Angry Birds brand, players have the chance to unlock crossover items and enjoy a mini-game in Spawn Island throwing Angry Birds bombs. Rewards can be won by completing missions in the Angry Birds Adventure event.
In addition to these new features, several firearms have been balanced, including bolt-action rifles, AWMs, and more. In a major change, shotguns have had their maximum bullet distance reduced from 1,000 to 150 meters. Several other miscellaneous features have been added as well, including performance balances, a spectator tier limit, backpack ornaments, and the ability to report friendly-fire kills in game.
Gaming Instincts is dedicated to bringing its readers all the latest and greatest news, reviews, guides, and updates for all of their favorite titles and more. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!