Monster Hunter Rise will reportedly get a huge DLC expansion in 2022 that will feature 20 new monsters and 5 new locations.
The modder affirms that Capcom has been working on Monster Hunter Rise and the upcoming DLC since 2019, originally scheduled to release in 2022.
Disclaimer – This information has not been verified, therefore this is not factual.
2019 Rise G plans indicate between 20 to 30 extra monsters. 5 additional stages. An outright skip of base Rise option. Western Yokai Motifs. And a new element to further dig into Silkbinds and Switch Skills.
— AsteriskAmpersand (@AsteriskAmpers1) April 1, 2021
Monster Hunter Rise is now available on Nintendo Switch, the game will also launch on PC on an undisclosed release date. The game is an all-new Monster Hunter developed with Capcom’s proprietary RE ENGINE. The game was developed in order to provide a new, accessible Monster Hunter experience that can be supported on Nintendo Switch.
Here is an overview of the game via Capcom:
- The debut of the new “wirebug” mechanic allows for wire-based grappling actions that can be used to scale cliffs and other hard-to-reach areas, providing new traversal and aerial attack options.
- The game will introduce magnamalo, a menacing new flagship monster, as well as other new monsters like the shape-shifting aknosom, the amphibious tetranadon, and more.
- New hunting partners called palamutes can be personalized and used to ride across the terrain, providing players with all-new traveling and attack options.
- In addition to the plethora of solo and multiplayer quests, the immersive story mode will task aspiring hunters with discovering the secrets behind the puzzling “rampage” events that threaten kamura village.
- Play solo, or join up to three other hunters in local or online co-op play. The Nintendo Switch system also allows for hunting anywhere, anytime, and with anyone.
Fan of Monster Hunter Rise? Read our comprehensive guide on how to slay Aknosom down below: