Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier has finally launched on IOS and Android after being announced earlier this year. Intended to expand the world of Final Fantasy VII and one of several projects announced, The First Soldier is Square Enix’s take on blending Battle Royale and their Final Fantasy series.
As the subtitle implies, the game is a prequel to Final Fantasy VII exploring the early years of the antagonist organization SOLDIER the lead character Cloud Strife was once a member of. Players will take the role of a member of SOLDIER and fight till only one is left standing. Players will also have to contend with familiar monsters that populate the world as they aim for number one.
An official press release for the game states:
Longtime FINAL FANTASY fans and newcomers can jump into the action now and prove themselves as prime SOLDIER candidates. Players will use magic and special abilities along with ranged and melee weapons to triumph on several FINAL FANTASY VII locations including Seventh Heaven, Corneo’s Mansion, Honeybee Inn, and more.
The press release also illustrates the different class builds that your SOLIDER can take:
- Warrior – This Style’s strength comes from close-ranged melee attacks.
- Sorcerer – Specializing in mid-ranged AoE attacks; this Style’s basic magic spells Fire, Blizzard and Thunder are powered up.
- Monk – A high-vitality Style which comes with self-healing and shield abilities.
- Ranger – Skilled in seeking out enemies and sniping them from afar.
- Ninja – Perfect for stealth and ambush attacks, this Style comes equipped with a double jump.
Alongside the games, the launch will be the game’s first battle pass, entitled Rise of Shinra. According to the press release among the rewards in these passes will be skins of familiar characters, such as the villain Rufus Shinra.
If you are interested in jumping into the battlefield you can get the game through either the Apple Store or Google Play Store, with all in-game purchases being made through their respective stores as well.