Diablo fans around the world have been holding their breath, hoping and praying to the Burning Hells and High Heavens alike that Diablo 4 would finally see its official reveal at this year’s BlizzCon.
That wait is now over. Diablo 4 is, indeed, on its way, and it looks as if this week’s earlier leaks were correct after all, and the franchise will be returning to a darker version of its gothic-horror atmosphere. Also, there will be druids!
Announcement Key Points:
- Diablo 4 is dark, a return to the franchises roots.
- Sanctuary is central to the game, more so than in past titles.
- Descend beneath Sanctuary to find a dark, gothic-horror, medieval Hell.
- Central hub to find other players to group or trade with
- PVP zones!
- “We want you to feel like we did when we first played Diablo”
- “If you’re a long-time fan, we think this is the game you’ve been waiting for.”
- Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4
- First three classes: Barbarian, Sorceress, and Druid
- Early playable demo on the floor at BlizzCon
Fans can check out the cinematic and gameplay trailers below, and decide for themselves whether or not Blizzard might be able to make up for the disaster that was last year’s announcement of Diablo Immortal.
There’s more to come in the way of details, but one thing is for certain: Diablo 4’s theatrical trailer is a surreal, dark, and bloody work of art. As always Blizzard knocks the ball out of the proverbial park with their skill at creating amazing cinematics, particularly evident in the sanguine birth of Lilith—majestic, horned, and dripping in a veil of blood. Are you as excited for Diablo 4 as we are here at Gaming Instincts? Let us know in the comments! Gaming Instincts will be covering BlizzCon live over the weekend, so be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the best updates on your favorite Blizzard games!