Not much information has been released about the new season of content coming to Bungie’s famed online-only multiplayer first-person shooter outside what fans can glean from the trailer. However, Bungie will be revealing the season’s full details on December 4, 2019 at 6:00 PM GMT on Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer with Developers and Gameplay.
From Bungie: “With the Vex Invasion now defeated due to your heroic actions in Season of the Undying, Osiris calls upon you to face a new threat. Stop a council of Cabal Psion Flayers from manipulating time and undoing our victory against the Red Legion. Master The Sundial Prototype – a new 6-player matchmade experience. Claim an arsenal of new weapons and armor, and resurrect one of the City’s greatest symbols of hope.”
According to the official Bungie website regarding Season of Dawn, among the new season’s Story and Activities includes something in which players will have to “Defend the Timeline and Repair the Sundial.” Moreover, players will have to upgrade the Lantern of Osiris to increase their Power and unlock seasonal gameplay mods.
The “Defend the Timeline” and “Repair the Sundial” content requires players to own the Season Pass. However, the “Lantern of Osiris” is available to all Destiny 2 players. Moreover, owners of the Season Pass will be granted access to exclusive rewards, such as an Exotic Scout Rifle called ‘Symmetry’ and Exclusive Seasonal Armor Sets.
The following is a list of content Season Pass owners will be granted according to the aforementioned Season of Dawn page on Bungie’s website:
- “Instantly unlock the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry.
- Play the new 6-player activity: The Sundial.
- Exotic Quests, Seasonal Armor Sets, and Ornaments.
- New Triumphs, Bounties, and Seasonal Lore Books.
- Exotic Emote, Ghost, Ornament, and Finisher.
- Additional Season Pass rewards to unlock.”
In addition, the following is a list of content that will be available for free to ALL Destiny 2 players:
- “Free Seasonal Rank Rewards.
- Seasonal Artifact: The Lantern of Osiris.
- Help Osiris fix the timeline by restoring Obelisks on four destinations.
- Unlock the Seasonal Armor Set: Righteous.
- Progress through Season ranks to earn the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry.”
More details will be revealed on December 4, 2019, at 6:00 PM GMT on Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer.
Gaming Instincts is dedicated to bringing its readers all the latest and greatest news and updates for all their favorite titles and more. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!