Anniversary Update for Pictopix is Available Now
It was announced by Tomlab Games that the anniversary update for their picross game Pictopix is available now on Steam! You’ll find in the new version of Pictopix 45 new puzzles, bigger puzzles up to 40 x 40, new achievements, new secrets and zoom button for big grids.
Check out the anniversary update trailer of Pictopix, showcasing the update’s features:
“According to my tests and calculations the time needed to solve the 45 new puzzles is longer than it was for all 155 initial puzzles! I was astonished to discover that the total playing time is more than doubled with this latest update. I therefore hope that you’ll be happy with it!
Some players have expressed the wish to play a DRM-Free version of Pictopix on gog.com. It’s quite possible to envisage this. Even if the game will lack the Workshop, I could leave the puzzle editor in there. I will study the question before contacting gog.com. In the meantime I suggest you show your interest in Pictopix by voting on this topic created by a player: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/pictopix
About the game
Pictopix is a puzzle game where you use logic to color squares on grids in order to reveal pictures. Easy to learn and very addictive, the game starts with small grids and ends with much bigger grids. With over 150 colored puzzles, a shuffle mode and a puzzle editor, Pictopix will bring you hours of fun!
The game is similar to picross, nonograms, hanjie and griddlers.
Pictopix is available on Steam (Windows, Mac and Linux)
- Play over 200 puzzles (+1000 from players)
- Learn the rules with a fun tutorial
- Play puzzles randomly with the Shuffle mode
- Earn awards and achievements for more challenges
- Create your own puzzles
- And share them with others players! (via Steam Workshop)
- Relaxing music (Jazz, Bossa Nova)
- Logically solvable puzzles (no guessing required)
- Useful hints to help beginners
- Playable with mouse, keyboard or game controller
- Multiple save slots
- Puzzles can be suspended and resumed at any time
- Undo and Redo buttons to fix your mistakes
- Zoom button for big grids
- Squares can be temporarily marked
- Smart Slide (helps you to draw straight lines even if the mouse wanders out of the row)
- Touch Screen support
- 13 languages (translated by the community)
- Trading Cards”
For more information on Pictopix, visit its Steam page.