AMG GAMES Announces Airtone, a VR Rhythm Game
It was announced by AMG GAMES, Airtone, an exciting and new VR rhythm game, developed using the Unreal Engine 4 for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. AMG GAMES will begin registration for the closed beta testing of Airtone on the Oculus Rift soon, and will be showcased at VRLA Expo 2017.
Check out the gameplay vidoe of Airtone, featuring some gameplay footage:
“Join Neon in a world of music and dance!
Airtone is a brand new VR Rhythm game, where you submerge yourself into the world of the main character, Neon. Together you can dance along and fly through the music library. Combining the modern arcade dance machine with great music and VR, Airtone brings the thrill of challenging dances and impeccable rhythm to your home through the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
The main character, Neon, is illustrated by Yuki Moriyama of Polygon Pictures Inc. Yuki Moriyama has also worked as an illustrator for anime such as BLAME!, Ajin: Demi-Human, and Knights of Sidonia. The game is being developed by historia Inc, experts in the Unreal Engine 4 with plenty of experience creating VR games. The music is created by noisycroak Co., Ltd., a company with lots of experience composing game music, and AMG MUSIC of AMUSEMENT MEDIA ACADEMY Co., Ltd.
Airtone is a VR game that will be available for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. The game will be released in spring 2017.
- A new VR game called Airtone in development for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift
- The genre is an Air Rhythm Action (Rhythm Game)
- The closed beta test registration period runs from April 12th to the 19th (The closed beta test is only available for the Oculus Rift)
- Airtone will be exhibited in the Japan VR Booth at VRLA Expo 2017
- Character designs from Yuki Moriyama of Polygon Pictures Inc.
Closed beta registration for the Japanese VR rhythm game—Airtone
Airtone will hold a closed beta for the Oculus Rift soon, in order to gauge and improve the balance of the game.
The goal of this closed beta test is to gauge and improve the balance of the game. After completion of the beta test, we plan to conduct a survey.
- Registration Period
April 12th (Wed) – April 19th (Wed), 2017 at 23:59 JST
- Testing Period
Between the end of April and the start of May 2017!
- How to Apply
Apply via the Google form below:
- Participation in the closed beta test is limited to once per player.
- A lottery may be held if there are more applicants than available slots.
- Oculus Touch is required to play Airtone. Please be aware of this beforehand.
- For selected participants, an email with registration instructions for the beta test will be sent to the email address entered upon applying. Those not selected by the lottery system will not receive the email.
- An email with the closed beta testing procedures will be sent to the registered email addresses of selected participants.
- After completion of the closed beta test, we plan to conduct a survey.
- Certain functions are limited in the closed beta version of the game—the closed beta version is different from the full version.
- Our company shall not in any way be responsible or liable for any losses or damages resulting from participating in closed beta testing.
- Our company cannot respond to questions about applicants or the lottery.
Airtone showcasing at VRLA Expo 2017
In addition, AMG GAMES will present Airtone at VRLA Expo 2017. VRLA Expo is one of the industry’s largest immersive technology events, offering the chance for attendees to experience the most cutting-edge demos of a large variety of VR projects in development. Hosted at the Los Angeles Convention Center, the event takes place on April 14th & 15th this year. Media representatives and visitors can experience Airtone in the Japan VR Booth.
VRLA Expo 2017 Overview
WHEN: April 14th – 15th, 2017 from 10 am – 7 pm (Expo floor opens at 12 pm)
WHERE: The LA Convention Center – West Hall A 1201 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
ENTRY: Tickets required”
For more information on Airtone, visit its official website.